Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Prayer for Loved Ones Far Away

"For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong." --Colossians 2:5

Lord, thank You that hearts can be together when people are far apart. Help us communicate our love to each other well, as Paul communicated with the Colossians and other churches he loved. We rejoice for family members and friends who are living as they should and for whose faith in Christ is strong. Protect them from evil always. Help them to live to honor You, and someday, when it is Your Will, please bring us together again. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.
Photobucket

6 comments :

  1. I often wonder how families of military servicemen manage without having the faith that God offers. How can they live day to day witout that security and ever-hugging love to comfort them. I often think back to when I was younger and when my own dad was overseas. We were always in fear of what would happen to him. To us. But those were days before we found out that God had all of us in His hand.
    Weezer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen. And thanking God that my spouse is home right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray for God to please bring my spouse back
    home God knows the problems that we are having
    and the mental problems that he suffers from
    I pray that God bestows him his right mind and
    protects him from harm and evil and brings him
    Home soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. God arranged for me to meet a special person during the hardest part of my life. This man showed me that the world is still a good place. Now he is far from me and I suffer trying to make sense of our meeting. God please bring him back one day, and if he never does, grant me the wisdom of gratitude. Please keep him safe and let him enjoy life, in his own terms. No one belongs to another, we are all passing through in our journey and you God carried me through my pain by bringing him into my life ... He was your gift and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pray for all my firnds who work in there monastic life,let me meet with them soon,I am alone and feel alone but with god that makes it so much better,give me the strengh to understand what god wants of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I have been seperated for 6 months. He was recently relocated to a place about 7 hours away. I am praying that God would continue to work in our lives and that we would always seek HIS counsel. I pray that his Holy Spirit would arrest us and speak to us. I pray that we would allow God's will to be done in our lives and that our marriage would be restored and healed. I pray for all broken homes, families and loved ones seperated from us. In Jesus name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete